Mixbook

mixbook - create beautiful photo books and scrapbooks! | Learn About Mixbook Photo Books | Create your own Photo Book

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Tool 11- Finished!

I feel a great sense of accomplishment having finished 11 Tools.  I made a 90 on the Atomic Learning Assessment, so very pleased with that!

1.  What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.

I have used Dropbox regularly- we use it in the office to share and to collaborate on documents.  Additionally, I have used it personally to share pictures with friends and family.  I love it when they join dropbox and I get more space!

Additionally, I have enjoyed using Blogger.  I definitely want to move college-going counseling into the 21st century, so am planning to use a blog and a facebook page for getting information to more students next school year.

2.  How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner?
As I get more comfortable with different technology resources, I am definitely more likely to incorporate it into the guidance and counseling services we offer at Westchester.  I'm hopeful that this will help us work smarter.  The difficulty will be finding time to implement things such as a Facebook page or a blog and then maintaining it.  I plan to make these things a priority in the 2012-13 school year, believing it will help to position our students even better in the college application process.

3.  Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I think what surprised me most (and probably those who know me best) is that I actually finished (and I made a 90 on the test!).  I refer to myself as a 20th Century Girl- I do not see myself as terribly technologically minded.  Yet, I was able to complete the tools on my own.  I really liked learning about some of the resources available to me professionally (and personally), and I look forward to incorporating them at work and at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment